Are You a Private Sector Tenant in Rent Arrears Due to Covid?
The Tenancy Saver Loan scheme is a project supported by Welsh Government to support those at risk of eviction due to financial difficulties created by the Covid pandemic. Loans awarded under this scheme are set at 1% APR and paid directly to the tenant's landlord to prevent evictions.
All of the following criteria must be met in order to apply to us for this loan:
• You need to be a private sector tenant living in Caerphilly, Blaenau Gwent, Merthyr Tydfil or Carmarthenshire
• You must not have been in serious rent arrears before 1st March 2020
• You must have accrued rent arrears since 1st March 2020 as a result of the financial impact of the Covid-19 pandemic
• Your landlord or their agent must be registered under the Rent Smart Wales Scheme
• You are not receiving Housing Benefit or the Housing element of Universal Credit
If you do not meet the criteria above, support is available from the Citizens’ Advice Cymru Private Rented Sector helpline on 0300 330 2177.
If you meet all of the above criteria except for living in Caerphilly, Blaenau Gwent, Merthyr Tydfil and Carmarthenshire, you can apply to the participating credit union for your area by completing the enquiry form on the Credit Unions of Wales page.
Please note that eligibility to apply does not guarantee a successful loan application - the loan assessment will be based on affordability and the ability to repay the loan, as well as providing supporting documents, which includes a declaration from your landlord.
If you think you are eligible to apply, please complete the loan application in the link below. if you have any queries, please email our Tenancy Saver Loan team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on (029) 20883751 quoting Tenancy Saver Loan Scheme.