Frequently Asked Questions - Savings
What will I get back?
Savers can benefit from an annual dividend paid on their savings. The amount of dividend will vary year by year, as it is based on any operating profit the credit union makes in the financial year (ending 30 September). This is decided at our Annual General Meeting.
How do I make payments?
Really simple! There are a number of ways you can make regular and one-off payments to your account.
- Standing Order - Pay directly into your credit union account by standing order from your bank or building society.
- Payroll Deduction - Over 30 local employers offer their employees the facility to pay directly to Smart Money Cymru by making deductions from their pay. Contact us to find out more!
- Benefit Direct - You can have any of your benefits paid direct to the Credit Union to save and repay loans
- Cash and Cheques - You pay over the counter at our main office or one of our service points.
- Caerphilly Council Cash Offices - You can pay here using cash or cheque, alternatively you can pay by card via the council by calling 01443 866570
How do I get my money out?
As long as we have your bank details, it's simple! You can call, e-mail or use our App to withdraw funds.
You can be paid by the following method:-
- BACS Transfer direct to your bank account
- Cheque for you to cash at the Cooperative Bank in Caerphilly
- Cheque for you to cash in a number of post offices with in our common bond